Thursday, March 8, 2007

WHAT KIND OF MAN WOULD DO SUCH A THING?

Jack Tilley, a Sergeant Major of the Army, was with a group of people
who recently were visiting wounded soldiers at Walter Reed Medical
Center in Washington, DC.
He saw a Special Forces soldier who had lost his right hand and
suffered severe wounds of his face and side of his body.
Sgt. Tilley wanted to honor him and show him respect without offending,
but what can you say or do in such a situation that will encourage and
uplift?

How do you shake the right hand of a soldier who has none?

He decided to act as though the hand was not missing and gripped the
soldiers wrist while speaking words of comfort and encouragement to
him.

However, there was another man in the group who knew exactly what to
do.

This man reverently took the soldier's stump of a hand in both of his
hands, bowed at the bedside, and prayed for him.

When he finished the prayer he stood up, bent over the soldier, kissed
him on the head, and told him that he loved him.

Sgt. Tilley was awed by the powerful expression of love for one of our
wounded heroes he was witnessing! "What a beautiful Christ-like
example!" he thought, moved to tears.

What kind of a man would do such a thing?

It was the wounded man's Commander-In-Chief, George W. Bush, and
President of The United States.

This eyewitness account was told by Sergeant Major Jack Tilley at a
Soldiers Breakfast at Red Stone Arsenal, AL, and recorded by Chaplain
James Henderson, who was stationed there.

This was sent to me via my email. I again get to get on my soapbox for at least one minute and leave you with these thoughts:

And the US President's approval rating is at an all time low? Hum, I forwarded to everyone I knew. Maybe I have seen it and sent it before, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded. He is our President and should be supported whether or not he is popular or not. We have supported the office before and didn't like the person, Remember?

Sorry to say would Hillary or Barack do that? And if so would be because of compassion (as a fellow Christian) ... or obligation (to get the most votes).


Have a great day!

3 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Very good! thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Amen ! I almost posted this on my blog today after receiving it from you. You kn ow what they say: "Great minds think alike."

Unknown said...

I love my beloved President and pray for him often. The last President got my prayers, but not my respect!