Sunday, March 4, 2007

Well, it is Sunday and the first Sunday I haven't actually gone to church in almost a year. The last time I missed a Sunday service was the day I had my father's memorial service in Virginia on 5/29/06.

Anyway, I am recovering from surgery, the medical name for my surgery is a cholecystectomy. That means the doctor removed my gall bladder. I came home from surgery on Friday @ 2:45 pm. Ate cream of chicken cup of soup for dinner. This is the one where you add hot water to the powder mix and stir and eat (well, in my case, drink). Saturday for breakfast I got oatmeal (yuck!) with just a little sugar to dress up the taste. For lunch I had chunky chicken and dumpling soup (by Campbell's) more broth than dumplings, vegetables or chicken and about 3/4 of a slice of dry white toast. yummy!!! I pretended it was steak and potatoes and I got through it. I then had a turkey sandwich for dinner - just bread and deli style turkey meat - no mayo, mustard or ketchup. Pretty dry. I can now have diet pepsi which helps me burp and get rid of the pressure on my stomach.

For breakfast this morning, I got to have frosted mini wheat cereal. I am not a milk drinker so I had just enough milk to soften up the cereal so I could eat it. For lunch I had easy mac. Macaroni and cheese sounds so simple but for me is soooo gourmet. I can eat yogurt, ritz crackers, easy mac, turkey slices and bland stuff but I am afraid the Outback, Longhorn and Sam Seltzer's steak houses will have to wait until next month for me to try them. Tomorrow evening, I may broil a piece of chicken breast (with a little salt, pepper and light garlic powder) for supper. Sounds really good doesn't it. I wish I could have more but I have to retrain myself to eat better, anyway so this is a blessing.

Well, I am getting tired again. For my church service today, I listened to Josh Vernoy's sermon. Tonight, I may feel up to listening to the service @ Temple Baptist. I am playing everything by ear. I am so used to doing for myself that it is hard for me not to get dressed and go to my church tonight. But, I am afraid that if I drive too soon after the surgery I may hurt myself worse. I know I will try to go Wednesday though.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing great! Don't rush things. I'm so happy there have been no complications. Hey go visit some blogs and leave coments and then they will come visit you. I have made some wonderful new friends with this venue!

Rita Loca said...

I am sorry you are alone! But you are such a trooper! Sounds like everything is healing well. Still praying for you.