Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The moment of Truth!!

Now, that I can stop long enough from drinking my weight in water and grazing on my carrot sticks, squash, zucchini, radishes and cherry tomatoes. I can tell you how the Weight Watcher's Meeting went:


I lost 3.5 pounds !!!!

Hip, Hip Hooray!!!

A couple of cute stories to go along with it.
Story #1.
One of the requirements is that you drink at least 6 8 ounce glasses of water a day.
Well, I told Pam that I felt like a fish because I was swimming in soooo much water.
You guessed it.. my glasses are 16 ounces and not 8 ounces and I was drinking 6 of those a day.

It didn't hurt me and my feet are not swelling as bad. Yes, I am drinking 6 16 ounces of water and only 1 diet pepsi per day.

And one more for the road...
Yesterday was a pretty hectic day and I didn't get my mid morning snack and it make me hungrier all day long. Well, I hadn't eaten enough points yet and I knew what I was going to have for dinner. I was so hungry when I went to gas station that I went inside with my points calculator and started looking at the calories,fats and fiber on the bags in my right hand while figuring out the points on the calcuator with my left hand. I can have 9 pretzels for 2 points... woohoo!!! yippe skippy!!!

Now, that is either pretty silly or desparate. I think the later applies.


What did I have for dinner?
I am sooo glad you asked.

Well, I went to Applebee's. Nothing like going to the Weight Watchers meeting and then out to dinner afterwards, huh?




I had a Weight Watchers grilled shrimp salad.
It was very good. It was romaine lettuce, red onions and snow pea pods with a lemon vinagrette dressing. It is only 4 points and an unsweetened iced tea.



I still feel the urge to hop around the house like a rabbit.
Yes, I still think I am swimming, but I will make it work.


Now a little bit of ranting.
Why does all diet food have to have bell peppers in them. There are only 2 foods that I absolutely cannot stand to eat

1. bell peppers - red, green, purple, yellow orange or whatever other color they come in.

I tried a lean cuisine dinner the other day. it was a spinach, mushroom and chicken panini sandwich. It looked really, really good and I took a bite and what was the first taste in my mouth- roasted red peppers.
You can give me jalepeno, banana pepper or Greek pepper and I will enjoy them.

In fact, when I go out to eat, I will tell the waitress that I am allergic to them.



2. tuna fish (except for Pam's, my own or Subway's) and then I really have to be in the mood for it. I only have it in my house because I am supposed to have some sort of protein in the pantry if we have a natural disaster, right?



So, don't be offeneded if you invite me to dinner and I decline the tuna stuffed peppers. You can have my share. I will hop around the room with my carrot sticks and salad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute post Missy! I think you are really starting to get into this blogging thing! I even saw where you left comments around the globe today!

and I must leave a big CONGRATS on your weight loss! Great start. Keep it up!

Love Ya
Pam

Rita Loca said...

Wow, 3.5 in a week is great! You go girl!