Saturday, March 3, 2007

Surgery is done!

All is well.
I went in for gall bladder removal and the doctor did what he was supposed to do.
He removed my gall bladder. My stomach is sore. It feels like I won the contest for doing the most situps- at least 500! But in about a month, I will be able to eat a steak and salad without labor pains beginnning at the bottom of my chest and running throughout my digestive system.


I met all the interns and residents. I even had a conversation with Dominick. He asked if I was praying with the couple when he first came by. I said yes that is my pastor and his wife. It turns out that he is a Baptist also. He went on a missions trip to Romania and did surgery for the campus outreach (I think that is what he said, I don't remember everything). He was telling me that most of the surgeries done in Romania is with epidural anesthesia instead of what I had.


I had a bad experience with Tampa General when my daughter was born 20 years ago (they lost her) and so I wasn't too happy when they said TGH for the surgery. But they were redeemed, yesterday.

Time to rest. More later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! Shane and I prayed for you! Be careful and take good care of yourself. Did my dad tell you Tampa General is one of his favorite hospitals? He of course is coming at it from what he sees as a Pastor. Of course, he was a patient there when he had his 5 bypasses. We (the family) all have a very positive experience there concerning Dr.s and care. I rmeember you telling me though of Grace being misplaced after birth! I can' timagine the fear!