Monday, February 5, 2007

..and you ask where I have been

Well, I have my little man to take care of .. Spanky. He had an operation. Then he got FLEAS. That was fun, but I think I have them under control for now. I can't let him get sick from so many flea bites. He's just a little fellow.

I was sick. I had some sort of upper respiratory infection that required antibiotics. Finally, over that. I didn't want anyone to catch it so I haven't been around too many people or computers. LOL


My cousin, Margie came up from Sun City and helped me clean out the shed Saturday, January 27th. We had to get rid of a lot of stuff. It took about 4 hrs to look, move, decide and purge. We had about 14 lawn bags full of stuff that we put out for the trash. I still have paint cans to take to the dump and some yard tools, hand tools, nut, bolts, screws, nails, plumbing parts, etc. to take to Diane's house for her yard sale on February 17th from 7-1. I also have a gas grill that I need to get rid of. Anyone interested?


This past Saturday, I sold Daddy's boat. It was really bittersweet. Sometimes in life we have something just to say I have this or that. A boat is one of those things. The couple that bought it are really nice people. He is ex Navy, she is a lawyer and they have 2 beautiful children. I didn't get to talk to them enough to find out if they were saved, but the children were very well behaved and mom only had to tell them once to do something and the children didn't whine when they were told to do it, either. Dad got a little upset when the little boy got dirt in his truck but Mom said that is ok and went and cleaned it out and everything was ok. They said that when they take the boat out the first time they will only drink Pepsi (my daddy's favorite drink) for him. I told them to make beautiful memories and to enjoy the boat.

Grace is going to England with the Choir. AMEN!!!
Pray for her trip.
Also, pray for a friend of ours. She doesn't show any sign of salvation, neither does any of her family. Grace found out last night that they are divorcing after 20 years of marriage. Pray first for their salvation, then for their family.


Well, let's see... is there anything else I can say. Not right now, have to go back to work.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to hear from you but so sorry you have been sick. Shane was happy to find your comment on his blog today! He is sick too! Everyone I talk to is or has been ill. Maybe we are sharing this "virus" through the computer!

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention how sweet I thought it was for the family to drink Coke on the boat first trip out in honor of your dad!

Rita Loca said...

I know how hard it is to get rid of things with sentimental value. But the memories are still there. I hope you have pictures of the boat.

Rita Loca said...

Have spanky check out this blog!http://englishcockespaniel.blogspot.com/