Thursday, February 22, 2007

Here's the Scoop

Garage sale went well. Grace got some extra money for her trip to England. I put most of the profit from the gargae sale in her England trip box at church.

Mrs. Riffe and I started walking the park on Tuesday. Yes, that is a different day because everyone starts a new routine on Monday. Monday was less than 50 degrees outside and it was just too cold. We have walked 2 days in a row so far and plan on continuing it as much as possible. I bought myself a really nice pin striped suit and I can wear the jacket but the skirt will not let me breathe in it. So instead of ordering the next size up, I am concentrating on losing the 50 pounds I gained after my father died. Besides, the more I walk the better I feel. I need to get the fresh air. Once I can walk a little more and get familiar with the park then maybe my dog can go with me. I just I will have to use him as weights though because I will probably have to carry him most of the way.

Going to a celebration at Busch Gardens tonight. I volunteered for the United Way Day of Caring last year and the United Way is hosting a thank you celebration. I thought it would be fun.

Gall bladder surgery is scheduled for 3/2/07. Pre op is on 3/1/07 @ 8 am. I am going to go to the Strawberry Festival after pre op. I won't be able to go after my surgery because the Strawberry Festival is only from 3/1-3/11.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Been busy! I want to give Grace some spending money for her trip too. She told me to just give it to you.
Can you believe we have never been to the Strawberry Festival? We were just talking last week about trying to make it this year.
So glad to hear you girls are walking! So good for ya'! Agustin and Shane have been very consistant in their walks, weight lifting, and playing ball at the park. I need to get on the band wagon.

Missy said...

We are starting with a 2 laps around the park. Then we will gradually work up to more.
When you have someone walking with you, it doesn't feel like exercise.
I didn't make it to the celebration last night. I got so busy after work yesterday, that I didn't go. Besides, after reading the invitation again, it was finger foods and drinks. I don't drink and I needed more than just finger foods for supper. I know that it probably would not be the best thing for me to go there. Usually when I go somewhere that has drinks, it costs just as much to get plain diet soda (like $2.00 a swallow)
Anyway, I had to work @ 4am today, so I needed the sleep.