Monday, February 12, 2007

go to http://home.verizon.yahoo.com/

there is a short video of B. Obama (sounds too close to Osama to me!). He is defending his pot smoking (he inhaled!) and cocaine use. He also went on to say that he was tempted to try heroin and when he was confronted with that, he said but I was only considering it, never did it.

Now, basically (it seems to me) that he wants to be a role model for the younger people of today.



Whatever happened to role models like George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan? or what about Mr. Donald Harritan (my high school History teacher) or Miss Combs (my 2nd grade teacher who made me want to teach) or Sarah Anderson (who gave my daughter a passion for teaching) or Jack and Loretta Riffe, Dr. Lee Robertson, Dr. Raymond Barber, Bruce and Reva Turner and yes, even Kenny Baldwin. What is wrong with those role models?

They aren't the most famous of the world but I would rather pattern my life after them. At least they don't have to defend their prior drug use.

Now, I am done. I have to jump off my soapbox. I have to be careful, though. I am a little higher up on that soapbox than I am used to being.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey! so good to see you posted again! We will make a blogger out of you yet. LOL
Go to the link on my right side bar titled "Christian Dreams & Visions" and look at the moving photo! What's the latest on Grace?

Rita Loca said...

WOW. Well said miss Missy! did you have spanky visit that blog I left you?