Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday, Monday

Well, while a wait on my work computer to load info. I will give you a brief update.

I walked 2 miles in the American Diabetes Association Walk on the Wild Side at Lowry Park Zoo. It was 2 trips around the zoo and I walked with some of my co workers and didn't even feel it. I felt so good that I had to go to the Florida State Fair.
When I went to the fair, I went to Cracker Country and got to look at Florida history. I know everything about that area but I don't get bored with it because it is still intriguing. I sat for almost an hour in the little church and listened to the gospel quartet sing some really good hymns. I sang along and even took a video on my phone to watch later. It only records 15 seconds at a time but that is a good memory. I got some kettle corn and some pork rinds and sat at the picnic table and ate my kettle corn and enjoyed the day. I then went to the main attraction......

FAIR FOOD!!!!

I ate:
a corndog
steak on a stick
Turkey leg (well, I took that home).

I then went looking at the exhibits in the buildings. I saw all the winning flowers, crafts and wood furniture. They are awesome. One of the people make a doll house that had been framed only. That was neat! I then went to the building where the Crafts are and bought a really nice plaque that says stress less, pray more. What a message!


Pray for Grace, she has the flu. She missed church (both services) but she will be going to England soon. So pray she gets totally over this before leaving the US.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! A new post! It sounds like a great time at the fair. We need to go this year. I don't think we have made it out there since Shane was 4 or 5! He asks to go every year! I love Cracker Country! Kudos to you for participating in your walk a thon! I heard Grace was sick. Everyone here is too! We missed church yesterday due to sore throats, ear aches, congestion,...Praying for you friend!

Unknown said...

Oh I meant to tell you something. If you start going to visit other blogs and leaving comments, it will generate more people to your blog! I find it intriguing to see where all my visitors come from! Also If you go back into your dashboard, setting, comments and make it possible for anonymous posters, then those without Google accounts can leave you a comment. You may prefer not to, I understand!