Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Well, I have shrunk another 1.4 pounds. That was great considering I had a fast food craving.

Friday night was KFC. I wanted some really bad.
I called Mrs. Riffe and asked if she had dinner and I picked up some dinner for her too.
The boy in the drive thru kind of thought I was crazy when I said "my order isn't right, I said no biscuit and there is one in my dinner". He replied "But it comes with the meal." Anyway, I just thought that either they could sell it or I could throw it away. If they sold it, they could make more money and continue to be in business, clogging our arteries, so we can go to TGH, get unclogged arteries and then eat at McDonalds, to start the vicious cycle again.
Then I went to her house and we ate dinner together. That was really nice. I didn't want to go home. She had A/C, I don't. No, that isn't the real reason why I didn't want to go home. We have such good fellowship when we are together.


Monday night before visitation, I went to Sonic. Had the grilled chicken sandwich, very good. Pam you would like it - it has HONEY MUSTARD on it. And I had tater tots. Sooooooooo bad, but tasted soooooooooooo good! They gave me heartburn so I enjoyed them with an after dinner mint -ROLAIDS!


My secret-- A lot of prayer but physically there is none.
Just fresh fruits and vegetables. Lots
Stay away from the pantry - Don't keep the junk food in the house (easy when you are by yourself).
Drink water only (hard for me as I bled Diet Pepsi)occasionally, unsweetened iced tea. i don't crave food as often because I got rid of all of the Equal in the house and switched to Splenda.

I haven't been exercising because my walking partner can't right now. So, exercising isn't one I can attribute the loss to. But soon, i will need to exercise more.

I learned last night- it is ok to snack. Just limit yourself to the 100 calorie snack packs (when the bag is gone and you want more you have to get up to get it and most people won't get up and get another). Have better choices of snacks in your house. Yogurt, fruit, vegetables, etc.

2 comments:

Rita Loca said...

You are doing great Missy. I am so proud of you.

Unknown said...

This post made me hungry!! Thanks for taking mom dinner Friday night. God bless you as you minister to them!