Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The results are in...

Weight watchers was a little bit disappointing last night. i gained .4 of a pound.

Well what went wrong, I don't know.

It must be my body is rejecting the weight loss thing

or it was because I ....

1. went to the movies and ate too much popcorn.
2. didn't exercise enough.. weekends are hard for me to exercise.
3. didn't count the points right.
4. didn't drink enough water and substituted with soda.

and the list goes on...


I did go to the movies.. i saw Meet the Robinsons.That's the one where the dinosaur says... I have a big head and little arms...
It was very cute and I really enjoyed it. Yes, I was probably the oldest person there that didn't have children with me. I was delighted to see that the theater put the movie right by the entrance and all during the previews and clips they show before the movie was all geared towards the children. It is a G rated movie and a true G rated movie. I know a lot of people who don't frequent the movie theater but this one is worth the rent.

I ate too much popcorn. I didn't measure the popcorn before I ate it. But it was so good. i will be more prepared if there is a next time.

I missed a day of walking and I didn't walk as many times around the track as I usually do. I cut it short and cheated myself. I invested in the activity points pedometer and I will wear it on my hip everyday.

My measurements could be a little different than actual weight watcher measurements. So I spent the money and got the scale. It will tell me exactly how much the point value is when weighing my food.

I just have to learn that I have to get a bottle of water when I reach for the soda bottle at the stores.

Life lessons learned. I will try harder next week.

The meeting was geared towards having the Easter meal. Well, I don't have to worry about that. Just the sunrise service breakfast we have. I am making boiled eggs, I can have one of those and I will take some grits or instant oatmeal and eat that. Hopefully, someone will bring a fruit bowl and I can have a cup of that. I will take my measuring scoop and be a good girl. NO DOUGHNUTS OR MUFFINS!!!

I may even surprise Mrs. Riffe and make peanut butter muffins for her to take on her trip and then bring the rest to the breakfast. I will ask Connie though because Tim likes them and she may make them for Tim. I use Jackie's recipe but use the smaller bite sized muffin pan that makes 24 instead of the bigger one that makes 6. I don't have to use the muffin liners and the smaller ones are easier for the children. And besides they are prettier and can be used for brunches when you have company.


And to quote the movie....

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!




Remember to get a little behind you have to leave a little behind.

3 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Sounds like you got it all figured out.

Missy said...

I feel, right now, it looks good on paper. If I had all of it figured out I would be a stick figure.

Unknown said...

That was a funy saying you ended with at the very bottom! (about the little behind!) You will do better this week, I know you will!