Monday, September 29, 2008

Homecoming was yesterday

We had a good time. This is the first time that I haven't been asked to work in the kitchen. That was ok, and yes, I did try to help a little bit.
I did have a chance to talk with Rose and Diana. I don't get to sit down and talk with them. The last time I actually got to sit with Rose is when we went to a ladies' retreat about 5 years ago. She drove and we talked. This is the first time I actually got to speak more with Diana except how are you, how is your grandson and give her a handshake and a hug.

We get so caught up in our own lives that we don't get to spend time with others. We think well if I spend time with my family and we spend time with God then we are about ok. Well, what about our fellow Christians and our friends? Do we actually spend enough time with them? If we were in our friends' places, would we be able to call ourselves a good friend? I know I am not the best but I try.

Anyway, that was my deep thought for the day. The food was as always excellent. I make macaroni and cheese with bacon on top (I saw the Pizza hut pasta commercial and made my own) and I made fettucine alfredo with broccoli and chicken (but I used the egg noodled) and I made mini cupcakes with lemon flavored icing.

We didn't have Junior Church as the children sat in "big church". Every once in a while it is good for the children to do that especially on a special day like Homecoming or when we have singers or missionaries or the children's home.

They were really good. Macayla and Madison sat with me and they sat really still until about 10 minutes before the service was over (About 1 1/2 hrs) The rest of the children did well also. I was really proud of them. Especially since two of the eight children had never been in a church service at all. (Well, one had but he was a baby, he's now 3).

The preacher was good. I enjoyed his sermon. His daughter and her husband are new members of our church.

I can't wait until next year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, the food was good! I wish I had been there to hear Rebecca's dad preach.