Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We're back!

We had a wonderful and safe trip to Wilmington, NC. I met David and his family. They are really nice people and I really enjoyed our visit. We got there about 11:30on Friday night. The motel room was not very clean. I am so glad that I took the Lysol, Dow Bathroom Cleaner and paper towels. I cleaned the bathroom before we got to go to sleep... We drove almost 12 hours and then had to walk up stairs and then clean the bathroom before I could even use the bathroom. We also took showers with Grace's flip-flops on. But we were blessed to have air conditioning, a refrigerator and a microwave to use if we needed it. I also did really well trying to follow my diet. We had 12 hours to go up there and it took 12 hours to get home and it was great to be able to talk with Grace for that long. We laughed at everything...mostly my driving. It was dark when we went downtown Wilmington and when you are downtown, there are many statues and a fountain in the middle of the street. Grace told me to watch out for the fountain and the light was red. I stopped for the red light to later find out that I had stopped in the middle of the intersection. Well, at least I didn't get a ticket for running a red light. I actually drove most of the time which is a shock to Grace and to my cousin Margie. My theory on driving is some people are drivers and others are passengers. I consider myself a passenger. Well, not this time. I actually drove 8 hours on Friday and 10 hours on Monday. I had to stop driving around Gainesville, FL because the taillights looked like everyone had their brakes on and were running together. So, I turned the driving over to Grace and she finished the last 2 hours of the trip. This was the first trip my car has been on. It was interesting to find out that I got 34 miles per gallon on the trip. But I set the cruise control and didn't use the gas pedal or brake that much. That is probably why I got such great gas mileage.
Anyway, I was glad to take off on Tuesday. Grace got up and went to class. I went back to bed and slept until 10:30. I picked up Spanky from the kennel. He was mad at me and has been laying next to me all evening.

3 comments:

Memories for a Lifetime said...

Glad you had fun!! I love road trips with my daughters....we laugh til we cry at times!!

I am glad you are smart enough to know when someone else whould drive!! You are home safe and sound!!

Sounds like Spanky is having attitude issues!!

Rita Loca said...

I haven't been by in awhile and you have been busy!

Unknown said...

Hey, glad the trip was so good!
I bet Spanky was wondering what happened to his mommy!