Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nothing new going on here!

I guess, I will post something to let you know that I am alive and pretty much well. Just going through a lot health issues right now. My diabetes is now to the stage of insulin. I have started exercising more. I am really getting my moneys worth at the gym going 5 days a week instead of when I depended on Julee to go with me. I haven't lost any weight but the doctor says that once my body gets regulated to the correct blood sugar and I continue to walk 30 minutes a day my weight will start to go down. By the way, I gained back every weight watchers' pound I lost. Well, all but 2 pounds. I am not eating any bread, rice, potatoes, etc. and I gave them all away - except for the open boxes that I had. Even gave away my favorite cereal- Special K chocolaty delight (special k with little chocolate bars in them). I only eat chicken, fish, lean meats and vegetables. Occasionally, a little brown rice. I feel alot better on the insulin. I don't feel like there are so many chemicals in my body now (because of the meds). And, I am drinking my water (yuck) and would rather have diet pepsi.


I did find this on Pam's blog and participated and made some observations:



When you take this test, they give you other options. Mine were:
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Schindler’s List
Sunset Boulevard
Apocalypse Now
Platoon
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Godfather
Easy Rider

Somehow, the other ones didn’t fit me. I don’t think I am the Apocalypse Now or Platoon type person. Even though, I thought Platoon was an ok war movie. I don’t see myself as Indiana Jones or the Godfather. But could you see me on a motorcycle in Easy Rider... don’t think so. MENTAL PICTURE, YUCK! My cousin had a motorcycle and he rode me around the block when I was about 12 years old and never again!. I never even rode the one my father had.

The only movies I saw were Platoon, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Godfather. I have seen clips of the other movies.
I did see a spoof that Carol Burnett did about Sunset Boulevard. She was hilarious.

Anyway, Grace will be home soon. I can't wait.
There is the Mother Daughter tea coming up on May 17th. My mother is coming. We always have a great time.

No comments: