Friday, April 18, 2008

Gasoline for Sale! Cheap at only $3.43 per gallon!

I was shocked yesterday. I work from home and had to stop at a gas station to fill the car up.

I have my reasons but I only use Sunoco, Hess or BP. I will just have to push the car myself if I have to use Citgo. I never have and hopefully never will. It is cheap gas, and not just money wise.

Anyway, I pulled up to the Hess station because the fuel light had been from Bearss and Dale Mabry until Sligh and Dale Mabry which is only about 3 miles away, however about 20 minutes in traffic. Yes, I said "Please Lord, don't let me run out of gas!" Not just once but quite a few times.

Anyway, I saw the price 3.43 per gallon . Yikes! Eek! Well, I have xx amount in my checking account and will use my debit card. Ok, the fuel light has been on for about 20-30 minutes and I have a 16 gallon gas tank and at 3.43 per gallon that is roughly $56.00. I said ok I have enough to go ahead and fill up the tank. Lets go! Well, I started to fill up the tank and it stopped. Wait a minute, it isn't full yet. After I filled up with $50.00, I remembered, Oh! the gas stations limit the fill up to $50.00 on credit/debit cards.

The shocking part is that the last time I filled up the gas tank, gas was about $3.15 per gallon. And then I thought when I bought the car 2 years ago this June, it only took $25 to fill it up and we were complaining about high prices then.

I have a new respect for all you diesel vehicle owners everywhere. If I am paying 3.43 per gallon, you must be paying 4.00 per gallon. Oh! and by the way, crude oil was $115.00 per barrel yesterday. A new record high-which seems to be growing daily. AAA (travel) says fuel should be about $3.75 per gallon soon.

What are we going to do? Spiritually - PRAY, PRAY, PRAY and PRAY SOME MORE
Physically - I already don't have to drive to work and already don't go too far from home.

Boycotting gas is an answer but too many people live too far from their jobs to be able to walk to work. Can't you see 275 to downtown Tampa full of bicycles instead of cars. That would be great if it could be done, but I don't think they make bicycles built for a family of 5 with diaper bags, book bags and mom's bag attachments. Or how about coming home from the grocery store with food for a family of 5 strapped on the bicycle. That would be a sight.

Anyway, have a good day. Don't let those gas prices keep you home! hee hee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello stranger! So glad you found some time to join us here! LOL

I know!My brother pays over $100.00 per fill up now for his diesel truck. Our bill has more than doubles since buying the SUV. We still love it though and reject the fact of environmentalists trying to DEMAND what kind of car we drive. I say, let's start drilling already! Off Fl coast, in Alaska, and where was the new state they found a huge supply of oil, Idaho or somewhere out there? You know the communists already drill off our coast on the Cuban side. We just sit back and we'll wind up giving them so much control over a necessary evil of ours.

Missy said...

I guess we just need to plan our trips more often or quit eating.

Rita Loca said...

The prices are crazy!