Sunday, May 13, 2007

May 13, 2007


First of all to all the mothers out there... Whether you are a mother to your pet or a daughter or a son. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

Today, is a very special day for all of you. But today is a very special day for me, too for 2 reasons:
1.

This morning around 12:01 am, my daughter returned home from college. We had a great day today. We went to church and while I was teaching Jr. Church, I heard her sing. This must be her signature song.. "Little is much"
Miss Julee was in the nursery and she turned up the speaker so I could hear it. I don't think she needed to turn it up because with the power of my daughter's voice, I could have heard it on the next block. Was I beaming.. but of course.

After church, we went to Westshore Plaza to JC Penney and I got her 2 new dresses... Grace in a dress and not a skirt and a top is a rarity so when she liked them, we got them. Grace then treated me to dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market. I had the Shrimp Americana (the lunch entree) the dinner entree is Shrimp and scallops Americana and is about $7.00 a plate more. And then to the Verizon wireless repair store to get her phone fixed. Broken and it costs $50.00 deductible to replace.

Then we came home and in true Crownie fashion, she took a Sunday afternoon nap.
2.


Do you see the picture of the handsome man with my daughter? That is my daddy. He went to be with Jesus in Heaven on May 13, 2006. This is the first year without him. Boy do I miss him, STILL. But I know he is not suffering and he would be very proud of what I have accomplished without him here. Isn't that strange, that we look for the approval of our earthly parents before looking for approval from our Heavenly Father? I am really doing better than I had expected. But shouldn't I? I know who holds my hand and who my Comforter is. And with Him.. all things are possible.

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. See you soon. Going to West Gate to go to church tonight. Our church has a tradition of not having Sunday evening service on Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Happy mother's Day!

Unknown said...

I know you had a wonderful day! I'm happy to hear Gracie got home safely!

I see you learned hot to post photos! YAY!

Was it May 13 hepassed! So exactly one year on Sunday. So glad your daughter got home so you wouldn't have to be home alone dwelling on your daddy's passing! God bless you.