Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I've done it now!

I having been thinking a lot about what I would like to do with my life.
is it a "mid-life crisis"? I don't think so.

Well, I did some checking and with a little shove by my cousin, Margie and a lot of prayer.

I will be returning to school..

Yes, I am going to finish my degree in Business Administration.

I have 29 credit hours already done and do not need that much more to finish.

I will only get credit for 26 because I made a D in College Algebra and that credit won't transfer.

I will be taking a speech class during the summer semester.

Then, we will play it by hear from there.

My company will pay for most of the education - 80% as long as I maintain a C average. It will be tough at first but I can do it.

I went to register for my class yesterday. I was totally lost. where is room 237 (advising) and where is the book store? But I finally found what I needed and where I needed to be, bought my books, paid for my class, etc. As I was leaving, I was turned around, not lost mind you.. One of the professors was coming down the stairs and asked "Can I help you, are you lost?" . I didn't think he was talking to me so I kept looking at my receipts (in my mind, I was thinking Wow you've done it now and Yes, what a great thing to do, all this at the same time). So, I said to him "me?". He said "yes, you look lost." He then asked me what I was looking for and I said "my car!". He said he couldn't help me with that but I then said if I can find the parking lot, I can find my car. My key has one of those buttons(as Grace would say thingys) that make my car make a noise when I press it.

I was going in the right direction, just got turned around. What an impression I left on the campus. Maybe I need to go back to college!!!

Is there a COLLEGE MAP 101 class I can take?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Missy! What a pleasant surprise to hear this news! I think it's absolutely wonderful!!!Especially since you have so many credits! You will feel so much more accomplished when you get that pice of paper at the end, don't you think? I'm loving this! You aren't going to believe this, but I have been thinking about resuming some formal studies myself! Just not the right time quite yet, with Shane still in school. I thougth perhaps just one course at a time for now, you know, take it really slow! We'll see. It is something you could pray with me about if you don't mind. I'll be praying for you. Which college are you going to be attending? HCC?

Missy said...

I struggled with going back to school. Part of me said No you don't need to. You have a good job, a daughter in college, you can't afford it, you're too old. You're responsibility is to your home and to your family. I struggled mainly with my role as a Christian woman also. I have been praying for this for a long time. I feel my fathers - God and my Daddy wants me to do this. I also struggled with what people will think. Everyone has been so supportive and so encouraging. That will make me want to do more than my best. I will be going to HCC.
And I will pray for you. If it is time, right now, there are on line courses that you can take @ HCC for credit. There is no time like the future.