Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Peanut Butter Pie

This is really really easy.

4 oz cream cheese, softened 1 9" graham cracker pie crust
1 cup confectioners' sugar 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, optional
1/2 cup peanut butter 1/4 cup granulated chocolate, optional
1/4 cup milk
1 9 oz package whipped topping

Whip cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add suage and peanut buter. Slowly add milk and whipped topping. Pur into pie shell. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate, and freez until firm, at least 3 hours. Thaw 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8.

Hints:
1/2 of the time I leave out the confectioners' sugar ( I usually forget to add it). Most of the time the peanut butter is 1 cup. I always use the chunky Peter Pan peanut butter. I only used the milk the first time I made it. I don't see where the milk makes a difference. I usually make 2 pies at 1 time so I use the largest cool whip I can get. As far as the garnish is concerned. I use chocolate toffee chips (like the one's for ice cream topping), chocolate chips, M&Ms or Reese Pieces. Anything chocolate, peanut butter or chocolate and peanut butter works for a garnish. It is great even without the garnish.

3 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Cant wait to try and get all these ingredients and do it myself! Hey! I think we tricked you...last time I asked for this recipe you said it was Secret!!!! See...the internet is dangerous!!

Unknown said...

Rita is so funny! I was thinking as I read your recipe, Missy, that now EVERYONE is going to be making it but I will still think of you if ever I taste someone else's! Thanks for visiting my blog! Don't you think you oughta visit your daughter's?? OH ask Rita what my nickname is one here when it comes to comments! *I'm grinning*

Unknown said...

I'm back! I came to tell you I was so happy you had commented on Gracie's blog! YAY for Missy!