Thursday, October 25, 2007

All's Quiet on the Western Front

... or Phase I is done of the house.




This is one of the during pictures. This time last year the house was green with brown trim.


this is the front porch. The "sidewalk to nowhere" is gone.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhaoXB0PBfjtsusdXNHfFgn4MSdRGmZuvB_TEemBWsgpFQTr_DvyzpGQdj8WnyxZkaX6gK7WetqyJL5TisBP7j1iVRWf98DfhShf1uGRpSTC0ZiINeNmWJYvSYIaLktALzHdYQua0m5_q74/s1600-h/P1000492.jpg">

The new kitchen which will be done in December (that will be Phase II). The cabinets will be about the same color as the microwave cart on the right of the picture.


And this is the dining room.

Hopefully, during December (while I am on vacation and not in the house) the kitchen will be destroyed and rebuilt to match the floors. There will be NO MORE WHITE CABINETS and no more WALLPAPER. My kitchen will probably be the same color as the rest of the house. SPICE! Sounds kind of boring but if I want a red kitchen this week and a purple one next week, I can just change the accessories and have it the way I feel. I may pick a color but I promise it won't be pink. They will not use pink paint. hee hee. Also, during that time the office floors will be done (in laminate like the rest of the house). Because my office carpet looks awful up against the dining room laminate floor. Yes, I have been convinced that I should do that.
Now, for the thank you speech:

I wish to thank:

"The 3 Amigos, Musketeers,or Stooges" (you pick one) - Josh x 2 and John-
Thanks for a barrel of laughs. It was worth the breakfasts and brownies just to have a great looking house.

Anytime you need breakfast or brownies(from the Brownies and breakfast diner) call and they will be ready. Sorry, I am not sharing all the brownie secrets but to say hershey chocolate bars!

Rios- Thanks for killing the attack snake. Even though, it may have been harmless, you got rid of it for us. Also, for anyone fighting pesky snakes.. SNAKE-AWAY doesn't work. It smells like moth balls and they still hang out wherever they want to go.

"Hercules" - Todd
Thanks for lifting my stove and lots of other furniture and for fixing the rangehood.

Mrs. Riffe - for helping to clean the house.

Well,during this adventure my pastor's family got to see the skeletons in my closet, (no lie- they found rubber skeletons in my closet). Snakes were seen and the big one DIED.

I have had several people stop by and comment on how great the house looks. They have been watching the progression of the house.
Hopefully, they will get more work in the neighborhood from this. The only problem with this is the commute, the traffic is awful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great! And so proud of you for learning to get your photos posted on blogger too!
Your porch railings and red door really set the house off. I'm so proud of my son and my baby brother! They did a swell job for you. I know they loved the brownies and breakfasts the most!

Rita Loca said...

WOW! It looks awesome. I haven't had internet and am just now catching up.