Saturday, June 16, 2007

This one's for Pam!!

I am still alive, just lurking on the blogs. I haven't had a lot of time to do much of anything except housework, grocery shop and work. I did go see a few movies this summer.

1. Shrek the 3rd- I thought it was pretty good. You have to enjoy the other 2 to get this one.

2. Pirates of the Caribbean 3- I didn't see one. I didn't care for 2 - I fell asleep before the movie and woke up about the time they showed Davy Jones for the first time. YUCK !!! So I wasn't impressed by 3. From what I understand, 2 and 3 were filmed at the same time, so the plot from 2 carried on through 3, which is what I think a sequel should do.

3. Gracie- this is a good wholesome movie. Grace and I really liked it. The main character in the movie is called (guess what?....) Gracie. Her full name is Gracie Bowen. Which was really weird... Just like when I went to see We are Marshall. I didn't know Bobby Bowden had been a coach anywhere else but The Florida State Seminoles and then during the movie I found out he was once the coach of UWV.

More summer movies I want to see:

Game Plan
License to Wed

There are more but I can't think of the names right no

Last week was very busy..
1. went to Bible School on Thursday night. Shane who was in my Sunday School class wanted to win a chalk picture from Bible School so he invited his grandmother, Sarah Padgett and me to his church for the last night of Bible School. The Arnolds did the Bible School and what a fantastic job they did. I really felt like a kid again when Mrs. Arnold led the singing, did the puppet show and taught the lesson. It was so amazing to watch Mr. Arnold draw his chalk picture. WOW! The Lord has given him an awesome talent.

Then Sarah, Mrs. Riffe and I went to Cracker Barrel for a late supper for them and a midnight snack for me (I am usually in bed by the time we ate. I had a vegetable plate - turnip greens, green beans, pinto beans and cottage cheese. I also had enough points for a biscuit. WOOHOO!!!!!

2. Worked 50 hours last week. I am tired. I finally got the laundry done. Well, at least Grace's is done. I have to dry my dark clothes. I wash them separately because I don't want to confuse the clothes. A lot of the tank tops that are mine look like Grace's.

3. Did get the stove cleaned today. I have a flat top stove and I used an old pan and something was on the bottom of the old pan and it got onto my stove top and I had to scrub it with a Mr. Clean magic eraser to get rid of it.

4. I made visitation both days- Monday and Saturday. Saturday morning, we went door knocking, it was my first time last Saturday with Grace. I went this Saturday and usually I am the silent partner, well not today. I actually talked to (I think) 4 people. I am usually pretty shy until you get to know me. So, that was a leap of faith.

5. Today I am going to a Mary Kay Party that Sarah is giving.

School starts 1 week from Wednesday, I am excited but nervous. I know that God led me to do this and God will get me through. I just pray that I can be a real testimony through all of this.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you blogged! It really caught us up to speed! Thanks for coming to VBS for Shane. He is thrilled that he won one of the paintings. I will take a picture of it soon and blog about it!

Shane Rios said...

Hi Miss Missy. I was glad you came to VBS Thursday night. Thank you for coming cuz I got a really really nice picture of the garden of eden.

Rita Loca said...

Thanks for the update!